Tuesday 23 August 2016

Fragrant Blooms and a Cream Tea

A few weeks ago just before the summer holidays P and I met up with my parents for the afternoon at a really delightful spot - the New Forest Lavender Farm. It was the most heavenly flower-filled place, and I think I got enough of a flowery boost to charge my batteries right through the winter! Let me show you.


There was a pretty garden, full of perennials where we sat outside to eat our lunch.






I wished I'd tried my mum's lavender cream tea, it looked so pretty. The lavender cordial and tea was pretty good, though.


Past the drying lavender, we headed through rows of blooming purple plants and inhaled the perfume.





My favourite bit was this wonderful scented area which was full of annuals. I could have stayed here all day, surrounded by buzzing bees, butterflies and wonderful perfumes. Pathways of grass led through huge swathes of riotous colour.



It was a hot day and the scents wafted on the air, making me feel drowsy and very happy indeed.




So much colour.




Just look at this gorgeous wirework bench. I could just imagine sitting there with my crochet for an afternoon. Bliss!






Everywhere I looked the blooms jostled with each other, and reminded me of one of those millefleur Medieval tapestries where green backgrounds were stitched with many tiny colourful flowers.





This restful, tranquil white garden was calming after all that fabulous colour.


One last sniff of the lavender fields before we left,



and at home I arranged my souvenir on our table - a dark purple bunch of lavender flowers which I later hung up to dry. Wonderful.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I have always wanted to go to a Lavender Farm, and another thing I have always fancied having a wild flower meadow, and a cream tea this would have been a perfect day for me x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell it and am getting very excited at the thought of a lavender cream tea. Love your tile coasters. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you were in your element there with all that lavender about, all those gorgeous wildflowers are just wonderful too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have longed to visit there we nearly made it last year! It does look wonderful and the scent with all of those plants must have been amazing! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I don't always get time to reply, but I look forward to and love to read your comments - they really do make my day x