Wednesday 27 May 2015

This Week

Hello! Here's a snapshot of my half-term week so far. We've had a quiet, lazy couple of days; I have been resting my foot and doing a bit of pottering, and D and I have spent as much time as possible in the garden as the weather's been lovely. We've been :

eating ice lollies


 trying rosehip drinks (delicious!)


and eating strawberries - yum!


And I've been relaxing with some crochet


repairing my rather faded peg-bag which I made a couple of years ago


smelling the sweet honeysuckle, which is the best it's ever been



taking photos of creatures, here a huge furry bumblebee ...


and here a shiny-backed ladybird


enjoying our verbascum's first ever flowers, at long last


smelling the French lavender with its elongated purple bracts


loving the way that Oriental poppy buds open, revealing a flash of bright, crinkly petals


marvelling at the delicate streaked markings on these morning glories




and feeling glad I grew this honesty plant - I'm looking forward to its pretty dried seed-heads. 


It sounds like the weather's about to become more changeable, so I'm glad we've had so much time outside. It definitely feels as if I've recharged my batteries, and it's been lovely to have the time to post as well as keep up with all my favourite blogs.

Hope you've been able to get out and about this week and enjoy a bit of sunshine x


7 comments:

  1. Enquanto você se delicia com sorvetes e o calor da primavera, eu me preparo para dias mais frios!
    É essa diversidade que faz da blogues um excelente passatempo.
    Abraços, Cathy!

    VitorNani & Hang Gliding Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aah, feet up in the garden, how wonderful. Those morning glory flowers are gorgeous, I've never seen such pale ones before. I love the lavender and the honeysuckle as well, beautiful. Glad you're having a good half term. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your foot is feeling much better. Your garden is looking lovely and I can't get over the number of spots on that ladybird! I'm envious of your poppy too - I love them and bought a couple last year. Despite scattering their seeds with mad abandon in the Autumn, not a single one came up! Enjoy the rest of the week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's somlovely to be able to relax in the garden, fingers crossed it's nice for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see all those blooming flowers! Wonderful. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad for you .. here it's too chilly to live outdoors ... and today we have rain .. again and again !!!! I wish you a lovely weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  7. The fresh strawberries are the best about this time of the year, aren't they? I could eat them all the time! We had very yummy salad with nuts and strawberrys last night. Yum, yum, yum!

    Take care
    Anne (Crochet Between Worlds)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I don't always get time to reply, but I look forward to and love to read your comments - they really do make my day x