Saturday 14 June 2014

Liebster Award - Second Part

After Jill at Emerald Cottage kindly nominated me for the Liebster award, I posted the first part of my response here in which I revealed 11 random things about myself. Now it's time to answer the 11 questions that Jill posed for me, so here goes!

1) What is your favourite craft activity?
At the moment I'd say crochet, sewing and jewellery-making in that order.


2) What was the last project you finished?
Three blue and pink necklaces which I'll blog about soon.

3) What would be your ideal crafted gift to receive?
An intricately crafted patchwork quilt, because I never seem to have time for really big projects.

4) What is your favourite season?
Late spring, although early autumn comes a very close second.

5) What is your favourite craft-related non-blog website?
Probably Pinterest because it's stuffed with ideas, and also Ravelry. The time flies when I'm on either of these websites.

6) Which craft activity have you never done but would like to try?
One day I'd love to have a go at stained glass-making, and make some beautiful panels for our front door, like this.


7)What was the last magazine you bought?
Country Living, my favourite. I love the gorgeous photography and lovely locations, as well as the seasonal crafts and recipes.

8) What was the last book you read?
'Under Milk Wood' by Dylan Thomas, a poetry play for voices set in the fictional Welsh town of Llareggub. I love his use of language and the vivid characters. BBC1 have been screening a Dylan Thomas season recently, as this year is the centenary of his birth.

9) What did you want to be when you were little?
When I was young my best friend and I always wanted to have our own craft shop together. I also wanted to be an author/illustrator.

10) What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Discovering a lovely community of creative, friendly people!

11) How did you choose the name of your blog?
I wanted to make it personal to my home and who I am. My husband noted the other day that our door is actually quite purple, but I think 'The House with the Purpley-Blue Door' isn't quite as snappy!


There - that's enough about me! It's time to nominate some other lovely blogs for the award. I'm afraid I've only managed four, but I've really enjoyed discovering lots of other crafty people out there in blog-land. So, I nominate:

Hawthorn at I live, I love, I craft, I am me
Elizabeth at Thomasina Tittlemouse
Steph at Caravan Crafts
Caz at Wainwright &Wright Co

And here are my questions for those nominees:

1) Which place has most inspired you creatively?
2) How many craft projects do you have on the go at the moment?
3) Where would your ideal picnic-place be?
4) Which is your favourite craft book?
5) Have you made any clothes for yourself?
6) What is your favourite colour?
7) Do you have a favourite craft-related TV programme?
8) Do you have a favourite seasonal recipe?
9) Is there something you'd like to make, but haven't got around to yet?
10) What have you most enjoyed making?
11) What made you decide to start a blog?

So that's it - have fun visiting the blogs I've nominated!

See you soon x


2 comments:

  1. Hey hello! I popped in to your blog for the first time to respond to your comment about my birthday blanket and hey ho! I find I am nominated! Ooooh! Pressure! Thanks tho' love your blue-purple door too. Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Steph, you're very welcome! Please don't feel too stressed about it. I took quite a while to do my posts, and looking for blogs to nominate was enjoyable but time-consuming, so stopped at 4. If you don't have time that's fine, and if you do, have fun! Cathy x

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I don't always get time to reply, but I look forward to and love to read your comments - they really do make my day x