Tuesday 18 April 2017

Tulip Time

It's the second week of the Easter holidays here and today the weather has been absolutely lovely. Despite a chilly breeze there was bright, warm sunshine, and I engaged in one of my favourite spring activities of recent years - tulip-picking. I've posted about it before here and here. Our local farm shop has a PYO field and I think we're a bit earlier this year as there weren't quite as many in bloom yet as usual, but they were still absolutely glorious.







See you soon x

*** Edited to add: Here's a link to the tulip-picking field is if you're nearby and able to visit x ***

10 comments:

  1. How I would love to pick my own tulips, but sadly there's nothing similar around here. We do go fruit picking in the summer though. Enjoy your flowers. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame - I wondered if more places would be doing it by now, but PYO fruit is something to look forward to.
      Cathy x

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful idea. I've heard of PYO fruit but never tulips. Ours are just beginning to fade now. The very dry weather hasn't helped them this year. B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours have lasted a long time this year, but we have been a long time without rain here too.
      Cathy x

      Delete
  3. I have seen flower picking places but never one dedicated to tulips - love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds a wonderful idea and a great way to welcome spring! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is and has become a yearly ritual for me now.
      Cathy x

      Delete
  5. I tried to persuade our local pyo to branch out into tulips but they haven't sadly. It's such a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a pity - I wonder why more places aren't doing it?
      Cathy x

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I don't always get time to reply, but I look forward to and love to read your comments - they really do make my day x